[kde-edu]: XO-LiveCD

Kurt Gramlich kurt at skolelinux.de
Fri Dec 14 18:28:34 CET 2007

dear friends,

We are proud to announce the initial version of our OLPC XO-LiveCD.
This new project targets the main goals:

   * give children, students, teachers and parents
     the opportunity to participate and use the
     educational software on a common PC
   * support demonstration of OLPC software to non-developers
   * provide an easy maintainable Live-System for developers to test
     activities on the sugar desktop, this could be regarded as an
     alternative to existing OLPC virtualbox and qemu images.

The technology we choose embeds an unmodified official Redhat build
into a framework (LiveBackup) which provides everything needed to run a live
system. Going this way we are able to minimize the work for updates
if a new OLPC build gets released.

The ISO image are available at:

     http://skolelinux.de:/XO-LiveCD/

We encourage everybody to try it out and give us feedback
for improvements, please send mail to XO-LiveCD at skolelinux.de.

Further informations are available in the XO-LiveCD.pdf document
at: http://skolelinux.de:/XO-LiveCD/XO-LiveCD.pdf.

Regards

Wolfgang Rohrmoser, Kurt Gramlich

Kurt Gramlich