[kde-edu]: potential kde-edu reuse

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Dec 13 23:55:47 CET 2007

Le Thursday 13 December 2007 12:32:04 am Samuel Klein, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
Hi,
> I am looking into kde-edu packages that would be great to have on the
> OLPC. Has anyone tried recently to reduce the disk footprint of the
> kde-edu modules?  Has anyone tried running these modules on the XO?
> I am interested in ktouch and kig at the moment.
1) OLPC is difficult to emulate (only a Fedora-based machine can succeed)
2) OLPC is still very unstable: I suceeded to build sugar and the environment
once but then the built failed the next times.
3) kdeedu depends on Qt and kdelibs and those have not been ported on sugar as
far as I know. When this is done, getting kdeedu apps will be peanuts
probably ;)

What is your link with the OLPC project? Personally I would feel it good to
get something started to work on that direction (that's why I emulated it at
home) but this needs a group of people, preferably not involved too much in
other things (i.e. I can participate but won't be too active).

So if you're interested in setting up something, I'll help you!

Anne-Marie