[kde-edu]: kvtml(2) russian german

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Thu Dec 6 19:46:24 CET 2007

El Thursday 06 December 2007, RalfGesellensetter escribió:
> Am Donnerstag 06 Dezember 2007 schrieb Falk Dechent:
> > I have searched desperately a dicionary or vocalulary file.
> > German-Russian. But couldn't find anything.
>
> Dear Falk,
>
> there are kvml files for Russian.
You might just as well check the homepage:
edu.kde.org/contrib/kvtml.php
(I cannot see Russian files)

> One option is to start KVoctrain and then check for new hot stuff:
> As my version lacks a filter option, I can't tell for sure, I didn't
> find Russian files there.
>
> Yet another option is to use the command line tool to convert
> Langenscheidt vocabulary files. The script fetches the desired files
> directly from their servers: langen2kvtml seems to have vanished from
> the current version, however. It is a mere perl script that has
> apparently some vulnerabilities (so it should not be usable by
> anybody).
>
> http://penguin-soft.com/penguin/man/1/langen2kvtml.html
I'd suggest not using the script but simply opening the files directly in
KVocTrain which should work with recent versions. It's probably a good idea
to save the file once and restart kvt just to make sure it is converted
properly.

> Vocabulary files used to be available from http://www.vokabeln.de but
> this might have changed. Maybe this new community forum can help you -
> if so, please tell us where and where:
> http://vokabeln.communityhost.de/
You need to find the Version 1 files on vokabeln.de. They work, maybe you need
recode to convert them to unicode though.

If Vokabeln.de has a Russian file that is user contributed, it would be nice
to maybe ask the contributor to allow us to use the file as well. If we get a
green light to put the file on our homepage as kvtml, I'd even try to fix it
up some more ;)