No subject

Mon Aug 20 01:23:59 CEST 2007

asks<br>list haven&#39;t been implemented yet (correct me if I&#39;m wrong)=
:<br><br>1. Show list view on the left that indicates opened kml/gpx files.=
 List view
is partially done already:<br>- The &quot;File View&quot; has already been =
integrated by Andrew for GPX. We need to<br>add KML support to it now as we=
ll.
r><br>The latter is rather unfortunate but I think we can live without it f=
h are not on the kml-tasks list:
The idea to<br>solve this problem was to use Wikipedia&#39;s data as an onl=
ine download and get<br>their individual language data of the cities for tr=
anslation. So a user who
und<br>which is compiled from the city data from <a href=3D"http://es.wikip=
edia.org/">http://es.wikipedia.org/</a> and<br><a href=3D"http://en.wikiped=
ia.org/">
http://en.wikipedia.org/</a>. That means: <a href=3D"http://en.wikipedia.or=
g/">http://en.wikipedia.org/</a> has the<br>largest amount of cities among =
all languages (about 160.000) The data base<br>compiled for spanish would c=
ontain those city names from=20
hat also exist in <a href=3D"http://es.wikipedia.org/">http://es.wikipedia.=
org/</a> replacing the<br>entries from <a href=3D"http://en.wikipedia.org/"=
>http://en.wikipedia.org/
</a> to make sure that they get properly<br>translated. This is just the ro=
ugh idea.<br>I&#39;ll take care of compiling the data needed (with input fr=
y basic country support it would be nice if
lacemarks with no<br>symbols). Problems:<br>- Where do we take the country =
data from (needs to have a Debian compliant<br>license)? This isn&#39;t too=
 hard to solve though.
outed<br>to make it look like a country name. So in opposite to real placem=
arks there<br>will be only a single place tested (instead of 4), the label =
will have a
>semi-transparent.<br>We need to adjust PlaceMarkPainter to either process =
the countries as a<br>different &quot;layer&quot; that gets rendered before=
 the city data (seperate
data<br>from a single KMLDocument (I&#39;d rather prefer the further).<br><=
br>Later on (for 0.6) this feature will get extended to make countries to
mentation right now. I&#39;m pretty sure
br>cleaning up and performance optimizations are needed.<br><br>Furthermore=
 there are two features that would be nice to have for the 0.5<br>release:
remapper only update newly shown regions and reuse the parts on<br>the scre=
en that got rendered already before. This didn&#39;t work for spherical
dates<br>the whole screen for each frame. However this trick would work nic=
ely for the<br>flat projection and would make moving around in Marble much =
smoother and
here anything I forgot?
 0.4 release no<br>latter than for 0.5 (Especially: fix the embarrassing Wi=
kipedia browser).<br><br>None of the features we need for Marble 0.5 requir=
e further translation string
ease<br>add them before the string freeze on August 26).<br>We also need to=
 make sure that work on all the features left still gets<br>started before =
August 26, so we are still in accordance with the feature
al<br>features have been worked on to some degree. So that&#39;s the only i=
t there is another feature high on
 this<br>feature &quot;optional&quot; for Marble 0.5. It really should need=
 only little work on<br>Marble&#39;s source code to get this implemented (m=
ost work being to setup the
.5 is<br>meant to focus on the work of the students and I&#39;d like to see=
on Marble=20
dbach 12080<br>Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 M=F6nchengladbach<br>Gesch=E4fts=
f=FChrung: Dr. Michael Meskes, J=F6rg Folz