[kde-edu]: Fwd: developer.kde.org wiki

Matthias Messmer matthias at familie-messmer.de
Thu Oct 5 00:22:23 CEST 2006

Hi list,

at the bottom of this mail there are some rules for the new developer.kde.org
wiki posted on www related lists. We discussed to use this wiki for our plans
but I am not sure wether these rules fit our needs.

What are our needs exactly? Are these developing issues only?

Additionaly I mailed with Dirk Müller about the difference between simple
subpages and a seperate namespace. One important idea of namespaces in a
MediWiki is to have different permissions to user groups. He suggests that
only kde-edu developers shall have permission to write content in an edu
namespace of the wiki. Do we want that?

Meanwhile I tried to add some subpages under http://newdeveloper.kde.org/Edu
like Edu/KPercentage.

Finally I chatted with danimo. He moved everything one level down
to .../Projects/Edu/KPercentage for instance to save a clean structure of the
wiki. I am not sure what to think about it.

Last but not least there is not that much reply to questions about installing
a wiki for kde-edu or even free educational software yet. Perhaps the sense
of an edu-wiki must be more clearly before we can find the right place for
it...

Best regards

Matthias