[kde-edu]: Maintainers

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Sun Nov 12 20:43:53 CET 2006

Am Freitag 10 November 2006 18:48 schrieb Sebastian Stein:
> Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> [061110 18:45]:
> I'm not sure if I can maintain KBruch anymore. I have just too much to work
> and setting up a development environment for KDE4 just takes too much time.
> So please, fill in someone who wants to take over!

What about setting a KDE4-environment up takes to much time? Perhaps I could
help you a bit? To set it up just follow:

http://developer.kde.org/build/trunk.html

The guide is very complete and copy&paste the commands should do the trick.

If you use SuSE or (K)Ubuntu it is really easy to set it up (it is a matter of
20 minutes maximum!) because they even ship kdelibs of KDE4. In Ubuntu you
just install it by doing "sudo apt-get install kdelibs4" I think, that is
all. Qt4.2, DBus, cmake and others are all already there, you only need to
compile kdeedu itself!
I am sure that is not only true for SuSE and KUbunut but also other distros
like Fedora and Mandrake.

I hope you just didn't know this and that I could help you a bit ;-)

--
Gruß,
  Carsten Niehaus