[kde-edu]: Icons should be installed to CrystalSVG theme ?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue May 16 22:07:33 CEST 2006

A Dimarts 16 Maig 2006 21:46, Jason Harris va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I'm following a thread on k-c-d[1], in which they are discussing
> icon-related stuff.  One of the points raised in that discussion by
> Jonathan Ridell and confirmed by David Faure:  All KDE apps (meaning
> apps stored on the KDE SVN server) should install their icons to the
> CrystalSVG theme.  The "hicolor" theme is only to be used by third-party
> app developers.
>
> In KDE-Edu, we install many of our icons to hicolor[2].  I propose to
> install all of our icons to CrystalSVG, to follow the spec.  I believe
> this simply involves renaming all icon files from hi*.png to cr*.png
> (does anyone know differently?).  I am willing to do this.  Any discussion?

Yes, i want to discuss :-)

This whole thread is messy and i think i understood a different thing than you
(see below), anyway before moving the files have a look at
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdegraphics/kpdf/hi128-app-kpdf.png?rev=438982&view=log
and you will see

Modified Tue May 10 21:47:53 2005 UTC (12 months ago) by jriddell
Copied from: trunk/KDE/kdegraphics/kpdf/cr128-app-kpdf.png revision 412140
Move application icons to global theme

So Riddell himself moved all kde from cr to hi, is he asking to move them
back?
come on....

What i think i understood from the k-c-d discussion was only about default
actions, not about app actions.

CC'ing Riddell so he can confirm or not

Albert