[kde-edu]: iTALC and KDEEDU

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue May 2 17:12:11 CEST 2006

On Tue May 2 2006 09:47, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Hi
>
> Do you know iTALC? No? You should
>
> http://italc.sourceforge.net/home.php
>
> Screenies:
>
> http://italc.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php
>
> What is iTALC?
>  iTALC - Intelligent Teaching And Learning with Computers - is a powerful
> free software for (currently only Linux-)networks, which was especially
> developed for working with computers in school. But it can be also used in
> other learning-environments. iTALC intends to support teachers, who are
> using the computer as didactical tool in their lessons and aims to be a
> complete replacement for expensive commercial software.
>
> I have no idea why I didn't know iTALC before I talked with Torsten about
> it. A really really cool app. I talked with the author about inclusin in
> KDE or whatever, he told me he is currently porting to pure Qt4 (is even
> payed for it by a german city) and is also doing it for windows.
> When that port is done we should have another look.
>
> Carsten
It seems an interesting project, yes. Too bad the webpages content is not very
informative. And also the prog is all i18n only in german.
When a port to qt4 is done, it would be a must-have, especially if they work
with schools already and have feedback from real-life users.

Carsten, can you keep an eye on it?
Shouldn't we open a new webpage in edu.kde.org to list such projects?

Anne-Marie