[kde-edu]: kig: Latex-Export

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 5 23:21:49 CET 2006

Alle 22:48, domenica 5 marzo 2006, Claus Behl ha scritto:
> i just tried kig with latex export, and i like it very much. an
> excellent tool!

Hello Claus,
I'm the actual maintainer of Kig and the author of the Latex export plugin,
and I'm really happy to see you lie it, thanks :)

> I had a problem with the units.
> I typed in a view points giving the coords: (-7/5), ...
> The CoordinateSystem reached from -8 to 8 in x-direction.
>  From my export, i get:
>
> \begin{pspicture*}(0,0)(15,12.2669)
>
> \psset{xunit=0.833817}
> \psset{yunit=0.833817}
>
> Is there a way to get the "real" units, something like:
>
> \begin{pspicture*}(-8,-6)(8,6)
>
> \psset{xunit=1}
> \psset{yunit=1}

This is not an error in the exporter, nor in Latex. To say it easy, this is a
"wanted" effect, because the xunit and yunit represent the length (in term of
pstrick sizes) of a step in the x and in the y axis. This because, as you can
see above:
> \begin{pspicture*}(0,0)(15,12.2669)
the size of the picture is 15cm wide and the height is dynamically calculated
to match the aspect ratio of the exported figure.
As we're using that fixed size for the drawing, the lengths of the various
element of the figure have to be scaled consequentially, and among all the
lengths there are also the steps of the x and y axis.

> And it would be possible to make the gridlines with a single tex
> command:
>
> \psgrid[subgriddiv=2,subgridcolor=gray,gridlabels=0pt,gridwidth=0pt,gridcol
>or=gray,griddots=5,subgriddots=5]

If I recall correctly, I didn't use that command (I'm aware of it) because I
can move the grid only of integer multiples of given values for x and y.

> Will there be usage of pst-eucl commands in Latex-Exports?

Wow, another graphics package for tex... ;)
Actually the Kig Latex exporter uses pstrick (as you would have noticed), and
another package that came in my mind to use could be also pgf. I'll find more
info about the package you're citing.

Regards,

--
Pino Toscano