[kde-edu]: Math software

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Sun Jun 18 13:41:25 CEST 2006

Am Sonntag 18 Juni 2006 13:33 schrieben Sie:
> I can dedicate Saturday of each week and further 7 hours through out
> the week. I have a academic background in programming and have
> programmed before in Java, C# and Python. I would definitely need help
> starting. For example, if addition is done, I can do the rest.

Hey Abhijeet

Of course we would help you! KDE is written in c++ so that might be a problem
for you. I am not sure, how far c# is from c++, but Java is pretty close.
We are currently moving to KDE4 which is scheduled for early 2007, so you have
quite some time. On the other hand you would need a KDE4-environment. How do
you know about that?

You would need kdelibs (a current snapshot)
qt-dbus
dbus
and qt (from qt-copy)

Then you can start coding for kdeedu. Read more about that here.

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Porting%20KDELibs%20to%20D-Bus

--
Gruß,
  Carsten Niehaus