[kde-edu]: Kig help needed! Don't know what do demo...

Maurizio Paolini paolini at dmf.unicatt.it
Tue Jan 24 19:05:44 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 06:11:43PM +0100, Carsten Niehaus wrote:

> Ok, on Saturday I have to demo Kig in front of perhaps 40 people. It would be
> really good if you could tell me what to demo, I have no idea what is
> important and what not... Furthermore, updated screenshots on the homepage
> would be really nice, as those on the homepage show a age-old windeco for
> example.

Last december I did a 30 minutes presentation of kig (aimed to teachers of
high schools); it is written in html with a number of examples that can be
opened by clicking on the link, if the browser is konqueror.

Unfortunately it is in italian, but I could translate some important parts.

This presentation is on my laptop, at home, so I will send it to you
this evening, if you are interested.

Concerning the snapshots in the home page, I really hope that Pino
Toscano (the current maintainer) has a little time to update them, I could
help him in the task.

One problem with my presentation: it is based on a version of kig which
branched from the kde-3.5 (branches/kig/post-kde-3.5/...) and which basically
has the same features of the future kde-4 version.  There are many updates,
and I cannot remember right now if the examples in my presentation work
with the kde-3.5 version of kig, which I think is the one you will use.

cheers,

Maurizio