[kde-edu]: Karl Sarnow

eslic eslic at ejerciciosresueltos.com
Mon Feb 20 23:02:26 CET 2006

Hi,

>Dear Augustin,
 >       thanks for the info. I would like to trigger a cooperation in one or
>another way. We are distributing Xplora-Knoppix. But as I can see you
>have invested much more time in creating a pedagogical environment. I
>assume that the target group s primary teachers?
Yes it is.
>I think the idea of adapting the desktop to the needs of young pupils is
>a good one. How complicate is it to modify your version to other languages?
In fact, it will be very easy. We have plans to distribute mEDUXa in spanis,
french, english, german and arabic. Here in the Canary Islands there are many
foreign people and also our major economic activity is tourism. Languages
here are very important in schools. Anyway, since we are running out of time
for the release of the first version, I'm not sure we will be able to
acomplish this goal.

Since KDE has a easy way to pass from one language to another, this feature
will be very useful for you. You will have trouble doing this with non KDE
apps. We also gonna release the kiosk mode customization we are working on,
so you will be able to begin your work from that point. There will be a
repository in a few weeks.
>Looking forward to a cooperation

Hopefully mEDUXa will be a great chance to cooperate in primary schools
projects.
>Best wishes from Brussels

>Karl

Agustín Benito