[kde-edu]: Starting work in KDE4

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Apr 22 21:23:29 CEST 2006

I do it the same way as Carsten now, after messing around with one user
for a while.  The only annoyance for me is that I edit the code using
KDevelop executed as my "jharris" user, but the files reside in the
"kde-devel" user's directory.  So when I run "svn up", any modified
files are no longer writable by jharris (so I have to "chmod g+w" them
as kde-devel).

Actually, this is easily solved by the builddir != srcdir setup required
by cmake.  I can just keep the source code under /home/jharris, and keep
the builddir under /home/kde-devel...problem solved.

Jason