[kde-edu]: Phonon and KDE4 development

Andreas Nicolai Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
Thu Apr 13 12:45:04 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I will look at Phonon and probably disable sounds until then (or leave it in as hidden experimental feature). Just a quick note: until I get the KDELibs for KDE 4 to compile properly, I will develop further feature using the KDE3 libs and port them to KDE4 as soon as it becomes stable enough. Therefore I would like to ask to leave the KTouch code alone for the moment and not start porting it to KDE 4 already, since changes will be made to the current code anyway.

Because of the feature freeze in KDE 3.5 I will release the current development versions as stand-alone package for KTouch on the Sourceforge pages.

Btw, when will you guys start to port your applications to KDE 4?

Andreas