[kde-edu]: Playing sounds quickly and over and over again...

Andreas Nicolai Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
Wed Apr 12 15:46:27 CEST 2006

Hi again,

after figuring out how to play sounds in general and having that working, I
still have one problem. Whenever I call the play() function in a play object,
there is a short delay of about 300-500 ms before I hear the sound.

Is there any way to reduce that time? In KTouch it would be nice to have this
type writer sound back, but right now you press a few keys and the sound
plays slightly delayed (which is not so nice).

Does anyone know how to speed up sound playback? I'm already reusing play
objects to avoid reinitialization of the play buffer, but that's still not
fast enough...

Bye,
Andreas