[kde-edu]: Project Promotion...

Kurt Gramlich kurt at skolelinux.de
Fri Sep 9 15:24:22 CEST 2005

* Danny Allen <dannya40uk at yahoo.co.uk> [050909 15:10]:

> I have several ideas in my mind for promotion of our
> efforts and applications. One of these is to create a
> supplimental website, which would act as a friendly,
> brochure-type information site for
> parents/teachers/etc.

nice idea, perhaps we should cooperate.

The debian-edu / skolelinux project needs such a website too.

We startet in our german wiki to collect teaching software
(LernSoftware)

http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/LernSoftware

The Idea is, to give a quick overview about software packages,
like in this table.

then as a subpage to give more infomation, like

http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/LernSoftware/Gcompris

with screenshots etc.

> I feel that the current site at edu.kde.org is too
> technical, cluttered, and "corporate" (due to kde.org
> guidelines and theming), therefore unsuitable for this
> role. I will take responsibility for creating the
> content (with help from app authors) and image of this
> site.
>
> Here
> (http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4074/page5small1lo.png)
> is a mockup of an application page on the
> site - it is planned to roughly resemble this.
>
> The site may also provide a solution for our hosting
> of small khotstuff data files.

we need a multilangual solution and a teacher friendly outfit ;-)

how could we cooperate?

> Danny

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich