[kde-edu]: Ideas for a Visual Dictionary

Joshua Keel jkeel546 at students.bju.edu
Fri Sep 9 15:26:37 CEST 2005

Hey,

On Friday 09 September 2005 06:55 am, David Cuenca wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I came across with a Visual Dictionary (
> http://www.oup.co.uk/isbn/0-19-863145-6?view=ask) that I've found very
> useful for learning English words in context and, as I cared for it a lot,
> I'd like to suggest an application for taking advantage of this system. A
> sample of the inspiration book can be found here:
> http://www.oup.co.uk/pdf/0-19-860623-0.pdf

> I have very little programming knowledge but I reckon the basic app could
> be a child's play for an experienced developer. Please, tell me what do you
> think about it, and if someone wants to take the challenge.

I actually like this idea quite a bit. I'm not convinced that any application
is ever "child's play," but I don't think it'd be too difficult either. It's
something I will keep in mind as I consider projects for KDE4. Right now, I'm
still readying Kanagram for release, and that's quite enough to keep me
busy. ;)

--
Joshua Keel
Code is poetry.