[kde-edu]: Project Promotion...

Danny Allen dannya40uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 15:08:52 CEST 2005

I have several ideas in my mind for promotion of our
efforts and applications. One of these is to create a
supplimental website, which would act as a friendly,
brochure-type information site for
parents/teachers/etc.

I feel that the current site at edu.kde.org is too
technical, cluttered, and "corporate" (due to kde.org
guidelines and theming), therefore unsuitable for this
role. I will take responsibility for creating the
content (with help from app authors) and image of this
site.

Here
(http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4074/page5small1lo.png)
is a mockup of an application page on the
site - it is planned to roughly resemble this.

The site may also provide a solution for our hosting
of small khotstuff data files.

Danny