[kde-edu]: Report Bug action

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Tue Sep 6 01:15:01 CEST 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 21.11, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dilluns 05 Setembre 2005 13:37, Jason Harris va escriure:

> > In the same vein: I have attached a patch that fixes a compile error in
> > kanagramgame.cpp: you can't send a QString argument to i18n().  I am
> > posting it to the edu ML rather than filing a bug so that the kanagram
> > devs can deal with it more quickly.
>
> Hmmm, have you or anyone else commited the fix? The code i have is
>
> void KanagramGame::checkFile()
> {
>         if (!QFile::exists(locate("appdata", m_filename))) {
>                 QString msg = i18n("File %1 cannot be found.\n Please
> ensure that Kanagram is properly installed.")
>                   .arg(m_filename);
>                 KMessageBox::sorry(m_parent, msg, i18n("Error"));
>                 exit(0);
>         }
> }

That's just because I fixed it.  I can add that I find it surprising (in the
sense that diplomats use the word), that a program that doesn't even compile
is added to kdeedu and that I fully support annma in her bug report.

> (From another mail:)
> annma:
>> - in kanagramgame.cpp the code for the createAnagram(QString original)
>> method seems weird. It issues a compilation warning not here
>> and it should be at least commented a bit to allow a better understanding.

> Right seems a bit weird but that's not a problem IMHO

How can the following code not be a problem
(kanagramgame.cpp:createAnagram())?

       for(int i=0; count = objData.count(); i++)
        {
        }

There is no stop criterium for the loop, just another assignment, which is
very likely wrong.  Besides, the application crashes for me when I try to
start it.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |