[kde-edu]: Report Bug action

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Sep 5 21:58:38 CEST 2005

A Dilluns 05 Setembre 2005 14:37, Jason Harris va escriure:
> On Monday 05 September 2005 19:11, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > No it is not, have you looked at the UI of that apps?
>
> Yes, I have.  In fact, when it was first proposed I provided some feedback
> about it to dannya.  I think it's quite clever, but if it doesn't allow for
> the user to report bugs, I'd say it's incomplete.
Any idea on how to fix it?

> > > (a) annma is not a "bug reporter",
> >
> > but she was acting like one, a bad one.
>
> What exactly is "bad" about reporting a problem with an edu app to kde-edu
> ML? Most developers, I daresay, would welcome such feedback.
Argggggggggggggg THE "BAD" is not reporting the bug, the bad is saying "it
does not work", that's not how we (at least me) want people to report bugs,
we want the exact steps, exact error, exact everything, annma knows it so she
should try to get it right. For example in kpdf i have some bugs like "Does
not show a pdf correctly" and nothing more, how the hell i'm supposed to fix
that?

> > > she is the maintainer of the kdeedu module, and as such, it is her job
> > > to look after the quality of all Edu apps.  She's trying to do you a
> > > favor,
> >
> > Not me, if you look at the credits of kanagram i'm not there.
>
> So, one wonders why you are the one responding?
Because i know the answers

> Do you just like to insult people, or ?
No, and you?

> You obviously do have some interest in kanagram,
As i have in kde-edu globally

> I see your   name in the commit logs
You will see my name in lots of commit logs, that does not mean i'm deeply
involved in it, just that i am fixing things.

> and as the author of at least 2 files...
I'm not the author of any file in kanagram, i can assure you, if my name is as
author of any file it means jkeel probably copied them from blinken.

> > Probably because you have the [x] Use standard box checked and annma says
> > "It is not possible to install it" that is different from your problem.
> > If you have the [x] Use standard box checked it is because you had a
> > older config that users will not have so it will work, but can be easily
> > fixed so people with older configs has the same effect.
>
> That was indeed the issue.  I would suggest to the authors that when
> someone clicks the "Install chalk font" button, they probably want to use
> it, so maybe the "Use standard font" box should be automatically
> unchecked...
>
> I don't think I had an older config, since I just installed kanagram for
> the first time today...
I think so too, commited.

Albert