[kde-edu]: KDE education software (job offer?)

Hans Oischinger hans.oischinger at h3c.de
Tue Oct 25 21:07:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

First of all: Sorry for cross-posting this, but I figured that this needs a
little more publicity as it's about a KDE related job offer. But here we go:

I was at exhibiting KDE at Systems (an IT fair in Munich) today when someone
came to the KDE booth and asked if we were interested in some sort of
contract work for his publishing company.
The thing is: His company doesn't publish books, it publishes learning
material for computer related stuff.

He showed us some an example of an interactive learning video for Microsoft
Word his company has done. Basically this was a Flash video with voice over
explaining the basic functionalities of Word that sometimes asked the user to
click this or that button.
It's very much the same as the nice flash videos we already saw for Kimdaba
recently.

Now he wants someone to do the same thing for KDE, that is: explain the basic
UI and features in some sort of video (he wasn't getting too technical here).
He already talked with other OS projects and already got positive feedback
from OpenOffice.
He is of course willing to pay for this as a contract work.
I can give you his website www.ars-docendi.de

So the question is:
- Is someone interested in doing this job?
- Are there any objections or comments on how this should be done? (Remeber
that the result of this work will only be available commercially, although
KDE user manuals in book form sound pretty much the same to me)

Until then I gave the Mr. Schmidt my email adress (and Torsten's, just in
case), so he expects to hear from me anytime soon.

Greets,
	Hans