[kde-edu]: kstars: hardware clock is GMT

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Nov 8 03:20:32 CET 2005

Hello,

On Monday 07 November 2005 10:45, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> I've just installed it for the first time and can't find how
> to tell it that my hardware clock is set to GMT. I've got
> the location OK, but the kstars clock thinks the local time
> is GMT.

Hmm, my hardware clock is set to UT, and I don't have this problem.  Are you
sure your system is configured properly to recognize that your clock is UT?
When you run 'date', does that give you local time or UT?

On my system (Gentoo Linux), I have a config file /etc/conf.d/clock, that
contains the CLOCK variable, which I have set to "UTC".  This way, my system
knows that it should correct the hardware clock to local time using the time
zone that I specified.

Hope this helps,
Jason
--