[kde-edu]: kstars as root window

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Nov 7 19:27:56 CET 2005

If you are running the KDE desktop, then you can set KStars to be the program
responsible for drawing the background image.  Open the Control Center, then
select "Appearance & Themes | Background".  Select the "Advanced Options"
button, and add a new KStars entry to the list.  The command string should be
"kstars --dump --width %x --height %y --filename %f".

You may also set up a DCOP script (using the ScriptBuilder tool in KStars)
that sets up the display (zoom level, pointing location, geographic location,
display options, etc); then simply add a "--script filename.kstars" argument
to the above command line (replace "filename.kstars" with the path to the
script that you'd like to use).

Let me know if you have trouble,

Jason

--