[kde-edu]: kig & Python scripting

Maurizio Paolini paolini at dmf.unicatt.it
Mon Jul 4 11:27:19 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 09:18:43AM -0700, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Friday 01 July 2005 06:05 am, Noel Bush wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to find out whether I'm doing something wrong, or just have
> > an incorrect version.  The Kig documentation says that it's possible to
> > use Python scripting via the "Objects > Other > Python Script" menu
> > option, but I don't find that option.  I have version 0.9.0.
> >
> I guess your version of kig doesn't have Python support...

Yeah, I suppose you are using fedora core 4.  I opened a bug report
for the missing python scripting support, but I didn't get any feedback
yet!

Meanwhile you can try out an unofficial rpm (http://dmf.unicatt.it/~paolini/kig,
follow the link "python scripting problem..."),
but bear in mind that if you do an "rpm -U" (update) you will lose all the
other kdeedu programs due to a conflict, so I would suggest to install
with "rpm -i" adding a "--replace-files" in case of conflicts.  Unfortunately
I do not know a better way of preparing the rpm.
Also, this rpm does not include documentation nor localization.

Cheers,
Maurizio Paolini