[kde-edu]: Kalziumfeature: What do you think?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sun Jan 2 22:22:38 CET 2005

On January 2, 2005 06:04 am, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Please have a look at this screenie:
>
> http://ixcp.cip.biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de/niehaus/kalziumfeature.png
>
> This is updated if you mouse stays for 1500ms over an element. Do you think
> this can make the small infodialog obsolete? Annma: You never liked my
> LMB/RMB-thing so this might please you.
>
> Please comment on this, it is hard for me to code without feedback.
considering the time of the year, you can understand people are quite busy.
I just had a quick look and I find the window too big.
I don't like too much information in 1 window and if you go that way you must
provide the current window way as well.
What I think about the current Kalzium: you need a clear view of what you want
to achieve. What exactly does the user need at first? What does he need as
secondary information? What purpose does the State of matter serve? ...
After you have a clear idea of all that you can start a mock-up and maybe
submit it to the usability team.

Happy New Year to all,

annma