[kde-edu]: Even more Vocabulary

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Thu Dec 15 01:42:57 CET 2005

Dear Ralf and others,

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 3:54 pm, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 14 Dezember 2005 23:26 schrieb Peter Hedlund:
> > KVocTrain can import version 1 files directly (as of KDE 3.5, older
> > versions had a separate script [langen2kvtml] that was able to
> > convert some of the files, but not all). Save as kvtml if you prefer
> > to use them in KWQ later. Version 2 is a complex binary format that I
> > don't think we can support easily.
>
> Thank you for the hint, manually I already converted Greek and Ship -
> the base vocabularilies are in our wiki.
>
> As soon I gain access to KDE3.5, I might convert those hundreds of
> further languages available from the stated address (there is one huge
> archive you can wget).

Langenscheidt does provide a great resource for vocabularies. However, due to
some legal issues in the past [1, 2] and copyright in general I don't think
we should redistribute their files.

Having an import filter is something different as that provides the user with
the ability to move to our program and take their own data with them.

Thanks,
Peter

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-licensing&m=110848972108423&w=2
[2] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-policies&m=110849992108356&w=2