[kde-edu]: Skolelinux-Meeting

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 11:12:42 CEST 2005

Moin moin

I would like to attend the next Skolelinux-meeting in Gütersloh, north
germany. That is only 60km from where I live. I am not sure if that will be
before or after Malaga, though.
The meeting will be three days long (Friday -> Sunday), and it seems that
about 20 to 25 people attend plus "local geeks". As you can see in [1]
Debian-developers attend (skolelinux is Debian-based) as well as guys from
companies like credativ. One of them will be in Malaga as well.
It would be nice if you would provide me with information about what you (as a
developer of an app) would like to know. For example, I (as maintainer of
Kalzium and future chemistry teacher) want to know how to improve Kalzium to
make it better usable in schools. Of course, I have my own ideas but
Skolelinux is used by real schools/teacher and I am sure they have important
input for me. One example: Is the informationdialog to much for pupil? Do I
really need a simple mode for lower grades or is the current dialog fine?

So: If you have questions/ideas/comments to the skoleinux folks you can use me
as a proxy!

Carsten

[1] http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/Kooperation/Frankreich/050820/