[kde-edu]: KNumber-Library

Klaus Niederkrueger kniederk at math.uni-koeln.de
Thu Aug 18 15:45:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm developing for the KDE-3.5 release a wrapper library of the GNU
Multiprecision library (GMP) to be used by the KCalc calculator.

Now I was thinking whether it might be useful for other projects, too. At
this stage it is still in development, but most features already work and
can be tested. (Please test it!)

The library defines a class called "KNumber" which encapsulates more or
less transparently (arbitrary length) integers, fractions or floating
point numbers, and error events. You can find the library in

kdeutils/kcalc/knumber

An example that covers most features can be found in

kdeutils/kcalc/knumber/tests/knumbertest

I would appreciate any comments: Could this be useful for you? What can be
enhanced? How should the API look like etc. etc.

Greetings

	Klaus