[kde-edu]: KTouch - Keypress event problem

Andreas Nicolai Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
Sun Apr 3 23:14:00 CEST 2005

Hi there,

maybe this is a question for the KDE core developers, but maybe you know a workaround. While working on KTouch I noticed some strange behavior that happens only occasionally - sometimes you press a key and nothing happens. You can click on pause and resume and then it works again. The annoying thing is that the time is running...

I traced this bug back and found, that it can be repeated as follows (maybe one of you could try this out please, and tell me if that is a general problem or only limited to my KDE installation):

1. start a new KTouch session and start typing
2. press ALT+F to enter the file menu (or any other menu)
3. press ESCAPE twice to get out of the menu
-> if you type now, KTouch doesn't accept any keys anylonger.

The problem is that after leaving the menue via 2x ESCAPE, no keypress-events are caught in the main window anylonger...

Does anyone know whether this is a know bug or maybe a feature and how I can get this fixed?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Bye - Andreas

Andreas Nicolai                 Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
959 Lancaster Avenue            001 (315) 422-0024
Syracuse NY 13210