annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri Nov 5 14:01:20 CET 2004
> Personally I think it is better to log all things as
> bugs or wishes. I think it makes discussions and
> tracking these things easier.
yes, it's better that way. The person who wants to implement it can then add a
comment on the report.
> Anyway, these are a few remarks already :
> (1) It would be nice if the filename of the current
> vocabulary would be visible in the title bar.(wish).
Should be easy.
> (2) At startup I see a large dialog (for about 1/2
> second) that says 'loading file'. Annoying because you
> can' read what's there, there is no interaction. This
> was not visible in the older (previous week) version.
yes, me too. Bug.
> (3) When I append a language it is added 2 or even 3
> times. So I have 'Nederlands' as first language,
> English as second. When I appended Chinese, there were
> 3 columns added with Chinese. (bug).
> (4) KVoctrain tries to autosave, even when I started
> the app with an empty file. I noticed because autosave
> failed due to an 'unknown mimetype' error, but that is
> probably because I test this as a local user with all
> the exec's in a 'bin'-dir in my home-dir and I haven't
> set KDEDIRS, PATH or anything and I haven't run
> kbuildsycoca... But entering data and saving that
> afterwards is fine.
To be investigated further
> (5) I can see a lot of ways in which this application
> could be improved. Entering data is a pain. To build a
> basic vocabulary the quickest way is probably to use
> KWordQuiz and then make some adjustments (e.g.
> regarding suggestions for multiple choice, lessons,
> etc) afterwards.
All ideas will be welcome. Now that the code is clearer I think we'll be able
to improve it.
Translating an app is a great way to detect bugs. Thanks for yor work, Marc.
Thanks also to Peter for this code update!
More information about the kde-edu