[kde-edu]: KMathTool committed!

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed May 19 05:09:46 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Ok, I looked at Trenton code for KMathTool which he sent to me. I also looked
at the current code in kdeedu. This current code was done by Marco Wegner and
uses the concept of modules.
I could not integrated Trenton's code in the module concept (due to being not
good enough)
So after some big thinking ;-) I decided to put Trenton's code in
kdenonbeta/kmathtool. That way, that leaves the door open if someone wants to
integrate it in the module concept. We'll see the evolution of both and we'll
decide how to merge them later.

I also updated the webpage a bit. So here we are!
It would be great to aim KMathTool for KDE 4.0.

Trenton, are you OK to get KMathTool from cvs? I made some small changes in
your code. I'll guide you if you need and I also can ask you cvs access so
you can make your own commits (and kdenonbeta is the good way to get started)

If Marco still reads this, maybe he could give us some guidance about his
code, how the modules work. It's great stuff but too advanced for me!

I am very glad to see all this activity in KDE-Edu and would like to welcome
all the newcomers!

Cheers,

annma