[kde-edu]: Importing KWordQuiz

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Wed May 5 17:57:06 CEST 2004

Scott Wheeler wrote:

> Well, generally I agree with you, but sorting a list by clicking on the column
> header is something that works the same across KDE.  You don't have menu /
> toolbar items for that in Konqueror, KMail, KAddressBook, KOrganizer...

That surprises me. How do they achieve keyboard access for sorting?
Since I'm currently at work I'm stuck on Windows, but use Mozilla
Thunderbird and it has all the sorting available from the menu.

> For the column renaming that I would leave in the menu, but not in the
> toolbar.
>

>>The edit buttons are on by default in FlashKard.
>

> Well, but I didn't feel the need to start looking at places to trim things
> down since there are only 8 buttons.

True ;-)

> So does a group of buttons.  How often have you thought that you would be
> given a chance to select "Yes", "No" and "Cancel"?  ;-)

Also true, but you are the only one who has raised this concern over the
years, so I'll stick to the current layout. All other programs offering
multiple choice that I've seen also use radiobuttons. Printed scoring
cards usually use a bubble similar in look to a radiobutton.
Radiobuttons indicate that the options belong together, but at the same
time that they are mutually exclusive. Buttons would not depict that
relationship.

Thanks,
Peter