[kde-edu]: KMathtool

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Jun 16 10:42:48 CEST 2004

Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> [040616 10:20]:
> any quick pointers on how to do that?

I think like we started with KMath. It should be in kdenonbeta/kmath. The
question is, what does the plugin app provide to the plugins? Is it just a
QWidget, where the plugin can do whatever it wants or will there be some
graphical services like graph painting and so on?

Also, for printing mathematical expressions, don't reinvent the wheel.
Please have a look at the kformula lib (kde/koffice/lib/kformula). It
provides all you need to print and edit mathematical expressions (but not
solve them). I have not used the lib for KBruch, because I don't need all
this editing stuff and my expressions (mostly fractions) are very easy to
paint. But for a full featured math app, it would be good to use this lib.

Another note: I think there are already a lot of mathematical apps around in
the OpenSource world like SciLab. Maybe we should think about using those
command line apps and just build an KDE interface. In that case we don't
have to reinvent everything. A lot of applications go that way like kgpg or
kget.

Sebastian
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren, Neuseeland,