[kde-edu]: Please give KBruch a short test drive

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Jul 5 19:48:02 CEST 2004

On 5 July 2004 11:52, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Today I added the remaining features for KBruch. I like to ask you to get
> the source out of CVS and check what you would like to see fixed till 3.3.
> I still haven't added what's this help textes for all elements and I still
> have not updated the handbook.
1) The config dialog is too big: you can make one tab with fonts and another
one for the colors
The Apply button should not be enabled before any changes are made. When a
change is made, the Apply button should then get enabled and after being
clicked should be disabled again. Using KConfigXT should get that behavior.
2) I find the fractions fields too large.
3) When you start a type of exercise, you don't know how many tasks you will
have to do. It appears you can do as many tasks as you want, you will not get
a result dialog.  I would like a result dialog
4) in Factorization mode, when the Wrong appears it reduces the answer field
and the user cannot see his answer totally anymore
5) The tab mode does not work so if i am for example in factorization how can
I press on the '2' button without the mouse? I could not do it.
6) when the user enters nothing it is considered as Wrong. Couldn't the
program just wait for an input before saying it's wrong? (no input in any
field should do nothing when you click Check Task)
7) Why in the icons are the colors different? It would seem logical to have
the same colors for the - for example. Same with the numbers, first
denominator is in green, why?

That's all for now... Hope it helps,

annma

PS: For next version: What if a teacher wants to make his own set of tasks?
How would he do that?

I stop now ;-)