[kde-edu]: KVocTrain

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Tue Feb 24 03:56:00 CET 2004

On Monday 23 February 2004 06:00 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got a patch for KVocTrain to use an alternate learning method (the
> Leitner method) so I applied it. The author also included a patch for the
> doc. That lead me to look a bit closer to KVocTrain and I am currently
> implementing the KConfig XT stuff instead of old KConfig.
> I also try to add WhatsThis help and ToolTips whenever possible.
>
> - KVocTrain does not use XML GUI so a code rewrite is necessary for all the
> menu actions.
> my plead: If anyone knows how to use Umbrello, would it be possible to tell
> me how to get some classes diagrams? This would help.
> Anyone who wants to help, feel free to do so. Samuel, Peter, I hope I don't
> interfeer with your plans for KVocTrain.
> For the KConfig XT, I do each setting after another and I commit so anyone
> can join the fun easily ;)
>
> I also discovered a crash when closing using the window x and not quitting
> with the File->Quit.
>
> That was just to keep you up-to-date and to try to attract you in KVocTrain
> management ;)
> I myself am waiting for KNewStuff to be in kdelibs, I changed my code
> locally and I am stuck for KLettres and KHangMan until KNewStuff is in
> kdelibs. I hope it'll be soon.

I was thinking of starting on the xml gui stuff, but if anyone else feels up
to it, please go ahead. I don't know how to use Umbrello. Are you switching
to ui files for the dialogs?

In cvs (kdenonbeta/kwordquiz) I have implemented printing for KWordQuiz which
as far as I know is a first for vocabulary/flashcard programs. It was really
easy to add a custom page to the print dialog. You can thus print a simple
vocabulary list, a vocabulary exam, or flashcards. Annma, I have most of the
documentation, it just needs to be converted to the proper format.

Peter