[kde-edu]: Development questions

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Feb 19 14:13:23 CET 2004

On February 18, 2004 09:40 pm, Peter Hedlund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Annma found that the statusbar disappears when shrinking the main window
> in KWordQuiz. I think I have gotten around most of it. It still disappears
> when I get more than one row of toolbars. Is this "normal?"
the code you use is a bit old, it seems you use the KDevelop-2 based-template.
Now the code has evolved for the statusbar and toolbar:
	createStandardStatusBarAction();
    	setStandardToolBarMenuEnabled(true);
The size of the window is automatically managed and the statusbar should be
resized nicely. I don't have time this week to look into it as KTurtle will
be presented at FOSDEM and I'll concentrate on working on it.
Next week, I'll have more time.

> 2. For me KVocTrain crashes with the Plastik style, but not with the
> Keramik style. Try inserting items or opening files. Anyone else see this?
> I'm running a fairly up to date cvs of KDE.
I use Plastik and tried KVocTRain and no crash so far.
Could you send me an exact crash procedure please?
I also run cvs HEAD with qt-copy.

> 3. KVocTrain (and also KWordQuiz) uses code like this to change the font of
> the table for vocabulary display and editing. In Qt 3.1 This would only
> change the font of the cells by resetting the font of the column and row
> headers, but in the current Qt it's not possible to reset the header fonts.
> I've asked about this on the qt-interest list, but no response yet.
I don't know exactly about cells. For the font config, KConfig XT will be  the
thing to code next. I can help you with that if you want.

> m_table ->setFont(dlg->font()); //get font from font dialog, changes entire
> table
>
> m_table ->horizontalHeader()->setFont(QFont()); //This used to reset the
> headers to the default font but not anymore
> m_table ->verticalHeader()->setFont(QFont());
>
> I've tried other ways of changing the header fonts, but no success.

annma