[kde-edu]: Development questions

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Thu Feb 19 03:40:41 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a few questions:

1. Annma found that the statusbar disappears when shrinking the main window in
KWordQuiz. I think I have gotten around most of it. It still disappears when
I get more than one row of toolbars. Is this "normal?"

2. For me KVocTrain crashes with the Plastik style, but not with the Keramik
style. Try inserting items or opening files. Anyone else see this? I'm
running a fairly up to date cvs of KDE.

3. KVocTrain (and also KWordQuiz) uses code like this to change the font of
the table for vocabulary display and editing. In Qt 3.1 This would only
change the font of the cells by resetting the font of the column and row
headers, but in the current Qt it's not possible to reset the header fonts.
I've asked about this on the qt-interest list, but no response yet.

m_table ->setFont(dlg->font()); //get font from font dialog, changes entire
table

m_table ->horizontalHeader()->setFont(QFont()); //This used to reset the
headers to the default font but not anymore
m_table ->verticalHeader()->setFont(QFont());

I've tried other ways of changing the header fonts, but no success.

Thanks,
Peter