[kde-edu]: QtForum.org contest for education Qt apps

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Feb 9 22:07:34 CET 2004

Sebastian Stein writes:

> Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be>
> [040209 20:45]:
>> They do require that there is only one contributor to the project,
>> which immediately excludes Kig from participation :(

> Well, I read in the rules (http://contest.qtforum.org/rules.php):

>> 1. The contest is open to individuals who are independent software
>> developers or to companies which are software
>> developers. Individual developers may enter works created
>> individually or in collaboration with other eligible contestants.

> This means to me, if more then 1 person developed the app, all
> developers have to enter the contest.

> See also rule 31:

>> 31. Only one prize will be awarded for one entry regardless of
>>     whether or
>> not the Application is produced by a single individual or a group
>> of individuals.

> So, you can submit kig.

Well, how about this ?
  6. Each participant warrants that they are the sole contributor to
     their Application, and that their code is free of claims by other
     parties. The participant also warrants that the entry is original
     and submitting the Application will not violate or infringe the
     rights of any third person, including but not limited to, rights
     in copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other
     proprietary rights.

> The only problem I see is, that it is KDE
> based. It is not multiplatform, because you can not compile it on
> Win (yes, I know cygwin).

Is this a requirement ?  Also, I hear that Benjamin Meyer is working
on an OS X port of KDE programs.

cheers
domi