[kde-edu]: Latin Dictionary

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Sat Dec 18 18:27:46 CET 2004

Am Samstag, 18. Dezember 2004 18:05 schrieb Reuben Sutton:
> I'm sure it wouldn't be quite that hard to translate as there are only
> single words, which i would assume is easier than translating phrases.

Using a chain translation, this should be possible in an automated fashion.
Using a en2de list for example, which is part of the 'trans-*' packages
(/usr/share/trans/...), the above could be useful even for non-English
speakers.
But then klatin would need a mechanism for this.
And even if only single words are translated, the quality will be smaller for
longer chains, and the speed lower (trans-de-en has 160 000 entries).

trans-* is used by ding also, since there is a KDE frontend maybe the efforts
can be shared. But I don't even have it installed so I'm just guessing.

Josef