[kde-edu]: icons update

David Vignoni david at icon-king.com
Tue Aug 10 10:42:58 CEST 2004

Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>I must say I really like the Kalzium icon :) The KHangman icon is very
>>nice as well.  About the KLettres icon I hate to be so critical, but
>>don't you think it's a problem to give KLettres a French flag ?  AFAIK
>>it's not meant as a french-only app, so this could be a bit confusing
>>I think.
>>

>Carsten the Kalzium author says he will use your icons and ask if you kindly
>can send the source here on the mailing list, thanks you.

I've attached the "kalzium" icon SVG.

>For KLettres, a French flag is the current icon as French is the default
>language. Besides there is no other icon available for it yet so the curretn
>one is OK. I prefer the current one myself as it is more contrasted but maybe
>this new one is in crystal style? I know nothing about icons...

I think the current one is IMO just ugly and not "professional". But I
know people can have different tastes. I'm currently using my icon in
Nuvola, if you wanna see how it looks in KDE.

>For KHangMan, I like the current rope more than the cactus but maybe for next
>KDE I can change for the cactus.

I've redone this is icon for the same feelings I have about the klettres
icon. About the icon idea I've prefered to not use anything directly
remembering a hanged person cause its too sad and in some countries of
the world still used as brutal capital execution. So I've told me, if
you think about hanging what do you think first ? The first thing I've
thinked was about old Far Western movies, so I've drawed a pretty cactus.
But as above people have different tastes than me : )

cheers

David