[kde-edu]: KNewStuff HOWTO?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Apr 15 17:03:55 CEST 2004

On April 15, 2004 10:40 am, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> [040415 16:29]:
> > In the code, I add a class KHNewStuff which derives from KNewStuff. An
> > instance of KHNewStuff is called when the File->Get New Language action
> > is clicked. This KHNewStuff class will install my data (for me it untars
> > the files and put them in ~/.kde/share/apps/khangman/data)
>
> But you ask the user before making an internet connection, don't you? (At
> the moment I'm short of time so I can't look at the code myself, sorry!)

If there's no connection, there's nothing to download anyway so the Get New
Stuff dialog is empty. The lib itself does not *make* an internet connection.
It uses one if there is one and if not, it's empty.
You need a connection for the dialog to populate as it has to connect to the
website to find the knewstuff.xml file.

Cheers,

annma