[kde-edu]: Question about KVocTrain

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Tue Apr 6 04:06:12 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas,

On Monday 05 April 2004 03:21 pm, Thomas Beinicke wrote:
> My primary language is German and so I added this is first language.
> But I also have English, Thai (with Thai letters), Thai with English
> letters and a description column.
> Now I would like to start a query from Thai(english letters) to English but
> I didn't find any way how to do that.
> Is it only possible to start a query from the primary language to all other
> languages but not the other way around?

As far as I know KVocTrain is built around the principle of the first column
being the original and additional columns being different translations of the
original. Thus it's currently not possible to do what you want. I'm not aware
of any other program that has this functionality either. If you want you can
file a wishlist item at bugs.kde.org.

> Also is it possible to send in my vocabulary database when it's more
> complete so other people could benefit from it as well?

There is a repository at http://edu.kde.org/contrib/kvtml.php. Use the
webmaster email at the bottom to submit your contribution. Make sure that you
don't violate any copyright, lists can for example probably not be copied
directly from books.

Thanks,
Peter