[kde-edu]: Trophees du libre

Mahfouf Anne-Marie kde-edu@kde.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:54:19 +0000

>	Hi,
>
>A french organisation is holding a competition with Free Software. This is
>not reserved to french people only, it is open to anybody, organisation or
>people. The goal is "to reward the hard work accomplished by the developers
>who will be taking part in one the 6 categories available."
>
>There are categories for education and for accessbility. I think both the
>KDE-Edu project and the KDE-Accessiblity project have their chance to win
>something.
>
>Even if they do not win anything, or if the prize is not that attracting,
>it
>is a chance to make people hear about the project.
>
>You can find all the information here:
>http://www.tropheesdulibre.org/main.php?p=1
>
>If nobody objects, I would like to submit both the KDE Edu project and the
>KDE Accessibilty project. Of course, you can submit your project by
>yourself, I just propose to do it for you because I have the time and the
>opportunity to do it right now. We have to hurry because the dealine is feb
>15.
>
>If we ever win the prize, I suggest to give it to KDE e.v . Anyway, the
>important thing is to participate.
>
>	regards,
>
>	Philippe

yes, 100% agreed. Education is a hot topic in the Linux community, there was
a session for it at FOSDEM, too bad noone from KDE-Edu was there. But giving
attention to the project is always nice. Idem for KDE-Accessibility. I feel
these 2 areas need publicity, maybe it'll help attract new developers.

Thanks a lot, Philippe, for doing that for KDE-Edu, it's very nice :-)

annma

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059