[kde-edu]: [Marc.Bartsch@web.de: AW: KGeo and Kig]

Dominique Devriese kde-edu@kde.org
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 00:10:23 +0200

----- Forwarded message from Marc Bartsch <Marc.Bartsch@web.de> -----

From: "Marc Bartsch" <Marc.Bartsch@web.de>
To: "Dominique Devriese" <dominique.devriese@student.kuleuven.ac.be>
Subject: AW: KGeo and Kig

Hi Dominique,

Thanks a lot for your kind email. It is quite true that I did not find the
time to further develop KGeo, which is a shame and I do not see myself in a
position to spend any time on it in the near future. As far as the future of
KGeo in the KDEEdu module is concerned, I think that the better application
should be part of the official release. Since it seems that this is yours
;-) I do not mind, if KGeo would be replaced by Kig. For schools, it would
be nice to have a fully developed gemometry application when they buy a
Linux distribution that contains KDE.

So, if you want, just go ahead and replace KGeo. You have my official
blessing. ;-)

And, thanks for keeping my name in the credits of Kig. I hope some of my
sources did really help you. I had much fun developing KGeo and learned a
lot not only about the KDE framework but about C++ programming as such.

Have fun,

Marc.