[kde-edu]: Language an geography-ideas

Karl-Heinz Zimmer kde-edu@kde.org
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:20:00 +0200

On Monday 08 April 2002 05:36, Birgit Schulz wrote:
> Some ideas ...
>
> A problem is the language: Vocabulary-knowledge is very close to the
> used book. But for KHangman oder KMessedWord the most common words can
> be in a file.
> May be a grammar-app for englisch, french, german (should they be
> diffrent for german->german or english->german practice?) are possible.
> To train the use of adjectives e.g. it is not important to be so close
> to a book. May a help to used vocs is needed (but there are already som=
> for Linux)

Maybe it's to early for me but I don't understand very well: Are you
speaking aout kvoctrain here, or are you speaking about learning in
general?

What do you mean by "it is not important to be so close to a book." for
learning adjectives... ?

Another question: Do you (and does any of you co-readers) think the
flip-card approach of kvoctrain might be usefull for learning more comple=
things as well?
e.g. I remember myself having used flip-cards at school that had _lots_ o=
information of the back because the question of the front side was not so
simple.

> For geography-learning may be KEduca can be used. E.g. learn the names
> of the most important rivers, cities, ... But for that a bigger picture
> is maybe needed.-> Diffrent for countries, states ...

Again, might it be that an enhanced version of kvoctrain (which then
might be called kflipcard or something like that) could be usefull for th=
at?

Karl-Heinz

--=20
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult =
AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>