A few elements in skrooge contain French text

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Jan 22 19:28:49 GMT 2022

Stephane MANKOWSKI ha scritto:
> Hi Luigi,
>
> My answers are in your email.
>
> Le 22/01/2022 à 14:57, Luigi Toscano a écrit :
>> Freek de Kruijf ha scritto:
>>> I wonder if the French text in Skrooge should be replaced by English text.
>>> The element are:
>>> Variation sur un mois=%1\n
>>> Variation sur six mois=%1\n
>>> Variation sur un an=%1\n
>>>
>> As this is an original message and not related to the documentation, I think
>> it's better addressed by skrooge people (now in CC).
>>
>> Stephane, please note the commit which introduced the new non-English string
>> was also the commit which bumped the version to 2.27 for the new release. In
>> other words, even if the strings were meant to be in English, there wouldn't
>> be any way for translators to translate them in time for the release.
>> Please make sure you provide some time for translators before the release.
>>
>> http://commits.kde.org/skrooge/267d63a56b32cd4de9740d1262f948e3caad22ce
>
> Oups ! My fault ! I was not enough focussed :-)
> I committed a fix.
> You should be able to translate those strings now.

Thanks!

>> While looking for a point of contact for the whole project I've also noticed
>> that the skrooge.org is not managed by the kde.org infrastructure, or at least
>> it's content isn't there. There are several outdated information (the link to
>> the doc, the IRC channel not on libera, etc).
>
> You are right, I'm managing the content of Skrooge.org.
> What is the right link for the documentation ?
> What is wrong with IRC (even if I don't use it) ?

The documentation should point to the generic URL:
https://docs.kde.org/?application=skrooge
Or this one if you really want to browse the english doc:
https://docs.kde.org/?application=skrooge&language=en&branch=trunk5

About IRC, we have been moving from freenode to libera.chat over the last few
months (the short story is: freenode imploded) but it seems the #skrooge
channel was not officially created on libera.chat. You may want to open a
sysadmin ticket for having it registered, but in any case it should be on
libera.chat.

The page also references "The source code can be found on KDE's git, " which
points to the old cgit, but it can removed as it duplicates the earlier "The
git repository : KDE invent" link.

There is also a link to projects.kde.org ("Developer Information : KDE
projects") is obsolete.

Finally, the page says "Skrooge is part of KDE Extragear," but we are trying
to get rid of that naming. Applications are all the same, some are releases
with specific bundles (Frameworks, Plasma, Gear), others are released on their
own.