Dolphin

Dav Bluto davbluto at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 09:17:44 GMT 2022

Hello,

Dolphin has to be the worst file manager in all of Linux. All I want to
do is to first see devices on the network. Then click on said device and
play a file.

Nemo does it flawlessly. Just open Nemo, look in side panel, see network
connected device, click to open then choose file. Click on file.. File
plays as if it was local (immediately).

Try the same thing in dolphin and you cannot even see the device, just
another list of devices that make no sense. But not what you are looking
for. (pulling hair out)

Try the same thing on a different machineĀ  and Dolphin sees device and
files under 'remote'. Click on file and Dolphin decides to copy file
using kioexec. Takes forever,(2-5 mins) then file plays. Why??? How do I
stop this retarded behaviour?

I'm uninstalling this rubbish Dolphin thing. This is why Linux is
difficult. Stuff tries to do too much then does nothing but frustrate
the user.

I'll stick to the less powerful Nemo to get basic tasks done. I don't
have a propeller spinning on top of my head or the time to work out what
Dolphin is trying to do. Dolphin is pure garbage.

K.I.S.S.