[pim/kmail] doc/kmail2: Update copyright dates, release level. The documentation for kmail2 is now (almost) up to date.

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Aug 19 14:59:15 BST 2021

Hi David,

On Donnerstag, 19. August 2021 14:36:37 CEST David Bryant wrote:
> On Thursday, August 19, 2021 6:15:38 AM CDT David Bryant wrote:
> > Git commit 49ff086f7363c0300d4099e78fd0a54fa5d18bb0 by David Bryant.
> > Committed on 19/08/2021 at 11:15.
> > Pushed by davidbryant into branch 'master'.
> >
> > Update copyright dates, release level. The documentation for kmail2 is now
> > (almost) up to date.
>
> I'm just about finished with revising the documentation for Kmail.

That's awesome! Thanks a lot! I can imagine that it wasn't much fun.

> The last
> thing that ought to be done is to update the list of authors in the "Credits
> and Licenses" section. I see a couple of remarks in the XML code.
>
> <!-- please keep in sync with the authors list on the webpage -->
>
> <!-- don't modify manually, this list is generated: -->
>
> I have no idea which web page that comment is talking about.

Interesting. I don't know anything about this either and I've started
contributing to KMail more than 20 years ago.

> Right now I have KMail 5.17.3 running (Gentoo). The "About Kmail" widget
> lists several authors (Thomas McGuire, Volker Krause, Matt Douhan, a few
> others) who are not listed in "Credits and Licenses". At a minimum, I think
> these two lists should be kept in sync.

The list in "About KMail" is hard-coded in
https://invent.kde.org/pim/kmail/-/blob/master/src/aboutdata.cpp

According to the history of this file the list hasn't been update for many
years.

Regards,
Ingo