Translation issues with the calligraplan documentation

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 27 10:59:21 GMT 2020

Luigi Toscano ha scritto:
> Dag ha scritto:
>> Dag skrev den 2020-03-26 09:57:
>>
>>> I have adjusted the structure so now xml2po extracts all texts, at least.
>>>
>>> Haven't tested if xml2po works.
>>>
>>> Also noted there are problems with keycode/keycap, but let's see if my
>>> changes is enough to generate translated docs.
>>
>> After further investigation it seems xml2po cannot handle docs that are split
>> into several files (despite man page indicates so).
>
>> Docbook operates by including files effectively creating one document out of
>> all the files, while xml2po operates on each file individually. This means
>> that entities etc will not be available to xml2po as you cannot have <!DOCTYPE
>> tag in included files.
>
> We do have documents split into multiple files. See for example kstars and
> krusader. Please follow their structure.
>

>> A see two ways to fix this:
>> 1) Make xml2po understand included files.
>> 2) Have the whole document in one file.
>>
>> A don't think 1) will happen soon, so I will go with 2).
>
> I suggest to revert the change 2), or it will break all existing translations
> and it will make the work on it very complicated. Again, we have examples of
> documentation spanning multiple files.

In fact, the last changes worked and all strings seem to be extracted:
https://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1565268

The Ukrainian documentation is complete already (thanks Yuri) and it can be
correctly generated.

I'm going to revert the last change which moves all the files together.

--
Luigi