Documentation Primer typos, etc.

John Hayes jdhayes.linux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:33:32 GMT 2020

On Sunday, March 15, 2020 3:08:05 PM CDT Jack Ostroff wrote:
> On 2020.03.15 15:37, John Hayes wrote:
> >
> > Chornoivan va
> >
> > > escriure:

> > > Many thanks for your work.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Yuri
> >
> > Yuri,
> >
> > I just found a bad link in the table of contents of the Documentation
> > Primer.
> >
> > current ->>
> > https://l10n.kde.org/docs/doc-primer/check-docs.htm%EF%BF%BDl
> >
> > should be ->> https://l10n.kde.org/docs/doc-primer/check-docs.htm
> >
> > I did not use the table of contents except for the first item when I
> > went
> > through it all. I used the Next link at the bottom of each page. I
> > have
> > checked all of the links in the table of contents and they are good
> > except the
> > one above.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > John
>
> Something seems odd.  I only get a result with
> https://l10n.kde.org/docs/doc-primer/check-docs.html (note the added
> "l" at then end)
>
> Jack

Well that is odd, I just pulled up the page again in firefox and chrome and
they are both the same. They link to a page that says:

=========
Not Found

The requested URL /docs/doc-primer/check-docs.htm%EF%BF%BDl was not found on
this server.
=========

To be clear This is the link I'm talking about, on the front page of the
primer:

4. Writing Documentation: Procedures and Tools
    Getting the Documentation Sources
        Working with plain text sources
        Retrieving the DocBook sources
    Kate
    Checking and Viewing the Documents <<<<<<<<<<<<<
        Using checkXML5
        Using meinproc5

It works if you are reading each page and click next at the bottom of the
page.

Cheers,
John